We can't thank you enough for all of your positive feedback regarding 2019's Drums & Dragons!
WNC Bridge Foundation is pleased to share we donated 100% of the proceeds from this single-day event to 8 area non-profits totaling $39,226.
This total also reflects the $9,393 the non-profits who participated in our everydayhero fundraising platform this year raised themselves and got to keep, a theme we will continue for next year's event.
- Mountain Child Advocacy Center will be applying their funds toward growing their prevention and treatment programs for child abuse—an issue which affects a great number of children throughout our WNC region.
- Irene Wortham Center hopes to purchase a van so that their developmentally challenged clients can travel out into the community, providing them with social interaction with the public. They hope this opportunity will allow educational opportunities for the public in helping them to understand the adversities those experiencing developmental disabilities regularly face.
- Pisgah Legal Service intends to support their Elder Law Program with their funds raised, which provides free legal assistance to help low-income seniors (60 and older) to meet their urgent, basic needs. Their lawyers also represent and advise seniors who being abused by their spouse or caregivers, are experiencing consumer fraud or harassment, or at risk of losing their homes or otherwise being misplaced.
- The Community Table of Jackson County will be purchasing more fresh produce and high-quality proteins for their clientele who they serve in their soup kitchen 4 nights per week—of which 70% are elderly or children.
- Vecinos Farmworkers Health Program will utilize funds to provide emergency needs such as medical payments and/or nutrition for their patients and their families.
Drums and Dragons Race Results: June 22, 2019
- First Place Overall: Secret City Dragons
- 1st Place: HËW Crüe
- 2nd Place: CarePartners PACERS
- 3rd Place: O&P CapeAbilities
Nonprofit Division, 20 person boats
- 1st Place: Feisty Fire-Breathing Paddlers
- 2nd Place: Dragin’ Tails
- 3rd Place: Irene’s Argonauts
Nonprofit Division, 10 person boats
- 1st Place: Girls On the Run
- 2nd Place: Pisgah Legal Services
- 3rd Place: Mountain Child Advocacy Center
- 1st Place: The Otter Symmetry
- 2nd Place: Pisgah Brewing Company
- 3rd Place: Aladdin & The Magical Abus
- Best Team Name: Dragin’ Tails
- Best Team Tent Décor: Cirque de Laurels
- Judge’s Choice: O&P CapeAbilities
- Best Team Fundraiser: Feisty Fire-Breathing Paddler for MountainCare Services
- Best Individual Fundraiser: Tyra Goodman of MountainCare Services
- Best Dressed Drummer: Irene’s Argonauts (Crowd’s choice)
Join us for a dragon boat race fundraiser supporting area nonprofits and help our WNC neighbors live life fully!
100% of proceeds from this year’s race will benefit:
- Blue Ridge Health
- Girls on the Run of WNC
- Irene Wortham Center
- Mountain Child Advocacy Center
- Pisgah Legal Service
- The Community Table
- You're Special & WNC's Greatest Needs Funds (WNC Bridge Foundation)