Considering the severity of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to update our supporters with our intentions for our upcoming Drums & Dragons fundraising event scheduled for June 13, 2020. Please know that our primary goal is to keep everyone safe, first and foremost. The current plan is to revisit in mid-April whether we will need to postpone the event, or if CDC recommendations state that it can be held as scheduled at that point in time. We will of course defer to ALL recommendations of the CDC so as not to place our participants, staff, volunteers, vendors, park staff and spectators at any risk.
With this said, we feel it is more important than ever to continue our fundraising efforts. The eight non-profits who will be receiving 100% of proceeds from this year’s event need your support now more than ever. Many have had to halt their programming affecting the clientele they serve, as well as their own staff members. These organizations directly support our area residents in several crucial ways:
- Offering Grief Support for individuals and families who have recently lost a loved one.
- Assisting families of individuals diagnosed with autism.
- Eliminating Food Insecurities.
- Providing Early Learning & Adult Day Programs.
- With Dementia Care and Dementia-Specific Education.
- Allowing temporary housing for family members whose loved ones are admitted to Buncombe-area hospitals.
- Improving prenatal, maternal, and infant care for women with substance use disorders.
- Eliminating health disparities among our region’s most vulnerable populations.
- Assisting in crisis situations to help low-income patients pay for necessary items that are not covered by insurance.
WNC Bridge Foundation is pleased to share that we donated 100% of the proceeds from our 2019 event to 8 area non-profits totaling $39,226. This total reflects the $9,393 which the non-profits who participated in our everydayhero fundraising platform in 2019 raised themselves and got to keep…a theme we will continue for the 2020 event.
Thanks to the support of our generous donors, sponsors, teams, and community members, Drums & Dragons has been able to raise over $122,000 in donations since the event’s inception back in 2017.