WNC Bridge Foundation raises funds to support programs that connect individuals in our community with essential resources. The following (5) community initiatives rely on the generous support of our donors; You’re Special Fund, Children’s Services Fund, WNC Greatest Needs Fund, Health Scholarships, and Rathbun House, WNC’s only hospitality house. To learn more about each of these programs, please visit: https://www.wncbridge.org/
The following describes just a few of the ways event proceeds are have been spent throughout the 18 counties in Western North Carolina WNC Bridge Foundation serves:
- Mountain Child Advocacy Center has applied its earnings toward growing its prevention and treatment programs for child abuse—an issue that affects a great number of children throughout our WNC region.
- Irene Wortham Center utilized part of their proceeds to purchase a van so that their developmentally challenged clients can travel out into the community, providing them with social interaction with the public. They hope this opportunity will allow educational opportunities for the public in helping them to understand the adversities those experiencing developmental disabilities regularly face.
- Pisgah Legal Service was able to support their Elder Law Program with their funds raised, which provides free legal assistance to help low-income seniors (60 and older) to meet their urgent, basic needs. Their lawyers also represent and advise seniors who being abused by their spouse or caregivers, are experiencing consumer fraud or harassment, or at risk of losing their homes or otherwise being misplaced.
- The Community Table of Jackson County purchased more fresh produce and high-quality proteins for their clientele who they serve in their Jackson County, NC soup kitchen 4 nights per week—of which 70% are elderly or children.
- Vecinos Farmworkers Health Program utilized their funds to provide emergency needs such as medical payments and/or nutrition for their patients and their families.